Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Short List

Things I like about Copenhagen:
1. Somebody found my wallet and turned it into the American Embassy, who in turn gave it to the CPH Policia, whose cute accents I just got off the phone with. It still has some kroner in it.
2. Yoggi yogurts, Lox, 28 kroner feta cheese salads, Pizza&Burger pizza
3. Danish babies in onesies. Especially those whose gender is indeterminable
4. 711
5. Attractive architecture
6. Lack of obese Americans devouring hamburgers (although the McD's does feature the 'El Maco," a three cheese bacon and beef and pepper burger")
7. Pastel colored houses
8. Tasingegade 29 (aka, Branscomb Version "We're Legal/2.0")
9. Public transportation, especially in the form of the Natbus
10. Leif(s)
11. Boys with occupations such as "cheesemaker" and "bricklayer"
12. Castles (and thus, princesses)
13. Health insurance (My room has been officially proven to be a living space, and not an office)
14. Contendas
15. Extensive BBM networking
16. Christiania

Things I do not like about Copenhagen:
1. Pic Cell (my Pic Cell looks exactly like a lego. When it rings (seldom), I always find myself surprised that this technology older than me can vibrate and light up. I have sent about 30 text messages since getting here.)
2. Taxes
3. Carbohydrates
3a. A diet that consists entirely of grilled cheese, raw pasta, and macaroons
4. Cobblestones in heels
5. Class at 8:30AM
6. Lack of turkey
7. Patient pedestrians
8. Punctuality (on our field trip to Western Denmark, Sarah and I arrived at Frue Plads 8 minutes late--after stopping to get 711 Coffee and Yoggis, naturally. The bus had left without us. I had to call our program director and beg him to come back. He did. I then proceeded to see how incomfortable I could make him by hitting on him for the rest of the trip.)
9. The weather
10. Contenda (a love-hate relationship)
11. Paying for Gossip Girl, Lost, The Office, and other TV whose network sites do not work in Scandinavia
12. Exchange rates (although today, the kroner is at 5.87. Go take out some monay)
13. Maps (although I have somewhat figured out East and West. The sun rises in the East. Right?)
14. Developing drinking problems
15. Missing theme parties

No comments:

Post a Comment